Friday, August 3, 2012

Making a Dramatic Play area for my classroom

When I realized we didn't get a kitchen set for Dramatic Play in my new classroom I told my George.  We went on Pinterest and found an idea to make one out of old upcycled furniture.  He said we could do this no problem.  We learned a lot during the process, but it was well worth it!

The old entertainment center.

Repainted, step one.

George decided it needed a real stove.  He even installed a plexiglass front so the kids could "see" what they were cooking.

He has a steadier hand than I do so he painted on the burners.

Almost done.

We still needed to put on the knobs for the stove but this is it almost finished.  The glass on the doors was painted over with chalk board paint.  We added a beach theme for the kids to see out the window!

Here it is all done and in the classroom!

4 comments: