Monday, June 18, 2012

While at the beach.......


Last week I was lucky enough to go to Avon in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  While there I was able to read several books (on the plane, in the car, on the ferry, sitting on the sand).  I fell in love with these two books.


I wish I would have been exposed to these books while teaching Early Childhood Pre-K.  I really think so many of the ideas in these two books could be used with much younger children.  We read to them, they read to each other, they listen to books, they write in their journals.  It makes me feel good that I was doing some of this as a teacher before I read these books, but I could have done so much more. 

So, now I am full of even more ideas for my classroom.  It is getting so bad I have to rent a storage unit for my classroom materials.  We want to put the house on the market and my teaching stuff is taking over.  I have books, book shelves, pillows, sofa, teaching units, decorations, and much more.  I stay awake some nights planning out my classroom.

Unfortunately the flooring has not been put into the new wing of the school where my new classroom is located.  Which means EVERYTHING is at my house.  This is not good.  I have to wait until August 1, 2012.  Until then I will read more, collect more and lose more sleep!

The point of this post?  Read these books.  That is all.  If you are lucky enough, read them on a beach.  The sand doesn't hurt the books at all.  I recommend you don't put them in the water though.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Have you seen the book study a bunch of us are in the midst of RIGHT now?? We are only on chapter 2 and would love to have you ring in or share a post! It is JUST FOR KINDERGARTEN, which I think is absolutely awesome since we are such a unique breed!
    Krissy
    Mrs. Miner's Monkey Business

    ReplyDelete